At the end of each week you need to spend one or two hours to reflect your internship experience this week and log your thoughts. You want to describe what you have done this week and conclude with your reflection of the performance. Please divide your description into the following three categories:
- Professional knowledge and skills: what particular knowledge did you gain about a type of writing? What new technology application did you learn to use? What new management skills did you learn to acquire?
- Personal growth: What have you learned about yourself and your attitudes, values, reaction patterns, and personality traits?
- Career development: What are you learning about the field of writing or the industry you are working in (e.g., healthcare, IT, accounting, legal services, etc.)? Whatever profession are you considering? What networking events at the work site did you participate in?
Each journal entry should have 200-500 words.
Journal ideas when you don’t know what to write:
- What was the best thing that happened recently at your site? How did it make you feel?
- What thing(s) did you like least the past week about your site?
- What compliments did you receive recently and how did they make you feel?
- What criticisms, if any, did you receive and how did you react to them?
- How have you changed or grown since you began your work at this site? What have you learned about yourself and the people you work with?
- How does working at this site make you feel? Happy? Proud? Bored? Why do you feel this way?
- Has this experience made you think about possible careers in this field?
- What kind of new skills have you learned since beginning to work at this site? How might they help you?
- What are some advantages and disadvantages of working at this occupation?
- If you were in charge of this site, what changes would you make?
- How has your work changed since you first started? Have you been given more responsibility? Has your daily routine changed at all?
- What do you think is your main contribution to the site?
- How do the people you work with treat you? How does it make you feel?
- What have you done this week that makes you proud?
- Has this experience been a rewarding one for you? Why or why not?